The Marin History Museum is located in the Boyd Gate House located in downtown San Rafael. The Museum is at the corner of Mission Ave. and B Street in the Boyd Gate House at the southern end of Boyd Park and 2 blocks north of the 4th Street business district.
Metered parking is available on the street.
There is also a parking lot at the corner of 5th & C Streets.
Marin History Museum - Boyd Gate House
1125 B Street
San Rafael, CA 94901
Directions from South of San Rafael via Highway 101:
• Take the Central San Rafael exit onto Irwin St.
• Turn left at the fourth traffic light onto 5th Street.
• Turn right onto B Street. The Museum is one block uphill, on the left.
Directions from North of San Rafael via Highway 101:
• Take the Central San Rafael exit.
• Turn right immediately onto Mission Ave.
• Bear right at the fork, heading slightly uphill.
• Mission Ave. will meet B Street at Boyd Park.
• The Museum will be directly in front of you as Mission Ave. curves left.
Directions via public transportation:
Most buses stop at the San Rafael Transit Center at 3rd & Hetherton Streets (near the Route 101 overpass). From there, it is an easy 15-minute walk to the Museum at Mission Ave. and B Street.
Downtown San Rafael is served by many bus lines operated by Golden Gate Transit. Please check their website for accurate route, schedule and fare information: www.goldengatetransit.org
You can plan a route from anywhere in the Bay Area with the 511 Transit website: www.transitinfo.org