The Ed Brady Photographic Collection
In 1949, Ed Brady bought a plane and began flying out of the San Rafael Airport in Santa Venetia. Partnering with Jack Van Wart they founded Aero Photographers, Inc. (API) in 1954, documenting the rapid growth of California during the latter half of the 1900s.
Neither man was a photographer, but Brady owned his own plane and recognized the need for aerial photography in the rapidly expanding San Francisco Bay Area and throughout California.
In August 2006, the Marin History Museum acquired the Brady Collection from Grethe Brady. The collection contains more than 10,000 photographic negatives and prints.
The collection is being digitized so it can be shared with the public. The cities of Tiburon, Belvedere, Sausalito, Marin City, San Rafael including Terra Linda are now digitized and available for the public viewing.Ed Brady Collection